Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hello Boys & Girls

Strangely enough, it feels like I stopped blogging for about six months, not one. I really did want to write something sooner. I had all these curious thoughts running in my head and I always wanted to sit down and type out a little paragraph and end the post with a few melodic clinchers. But no matter how interesting (or so I think) my random topics of discussion are, my excellence in procrastination outdoes my want to blog. But here I am, so hello again.

I'd like to give a shout out to my good friend Fee. If it weren't for you I'd probably settle for writing out a post for New Years. But why wait right?


Before I bring up any cutesy topics (they're probably going to come up in the following posts), I want to get one thing off my chest, and that is the so-called artist called Rihanna. Now, I do listen to the radio. When I do, I usually tune into:


- BBC: I love it when people say "BBC" in different diale
cts; I get a kick out of mimicking them for some reason. Although I like their programs and interviews (some are very interesting and can get quite heated), I'm trying to make a habit out of knowing what's going on in this world of ours instead of getting my news from relatives and friends by listening to World News.

- 99.7: I cannot get over how sadly outrageous Linda is. I have a feeling that one morning, we'll hear this melancholy nobody announce her pa
ssing away. She's been there for so long I won't be surprised if she starts to mold.

- Mix FM 98.4: Sometimes I listen to the morning show. There are three people on that thing: Talal who can get a little bit annoying because he
overdoes the whole thick American accent thing (agool…latitqa9ab), the witty Egyptian chick Sandi who's the closest thing to being a legit RJ and the most annoying thing on earth, Rasha. Can anyone tell me why she's even on the show? Who the heck hired her? I mean, apart from being lame, dull and unoriginal, both her English and Arabic skills are below average. Again, why? I sometimes listen to Osama's show, "El Kha6ar Bel Letter." I confess that I sent them about a total of ten text messages but I never got on that darned show. I really do think I can win! Oh well…

If I'm not listening to the above or my iPod's precious music, I turn the dial to the stations my parents usually listen to, either old Arabic music or talk shows.


Anyhow, back to the matter at hand: my resentment toward Rihanna.


I couldn't really understand her rise to fame. For one, her voice is exactly the same in all her songs; this boring, robotic monotone sound that always made me flinch in annoyance whenever I come acros
s it. And her style – or lack thereof – is equally as annoying. There's nothing fierce about it. It's not stylish; it's odd, outlandish and doesn't suit her figure. Case in point the photographs below. But what really aggravates me is her lyrics, especially that atrocious song of hers, "Take a Bow." I am not going to contaminate my blog by placing an MP3 of it, but you can listen to it on this YouTube link, just in case you're curious.

I remember the first time I heard it, I scowled at my radio and kept on saying, "What is that?! What is that?!" I hope you'll know what I mean if you read a major part of the song's lyrics below:


You look so dumb right now,
standing outside my house,
trying to apologize.
You’re so ugly when you cry.
Please, just cut it out…

You're so ugly when you cry? What the hell is that?


Grab your clothes and get gone.
You better hurry up before the sprinklers come on.

Sprinklers? I swear I heard that and I kept saying, "What? What?" I really do think that I can do a much better job than whoever wrote this poopy song of hers that's for sure.


Talkin’ about, girl, I love you, you’re the one.

This just looks like the re-run.

Please, what else is on (END)


No wonder she got beat up...



This is her my-scarf-matches-my-glasses look...




I know that this is supposed to be a haute couture piece but it ain't haute or hot. Since when did papery dresses make their way into the mainstream? And what happened to going for something that's actually nice on you? Here's a word of advice: If it's not "you," then it's not for you!


Anyhow, here's a good and healthy dose of real old school music. Enjoy folks.


MP3's (zSHARE)...

Tupac - In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins Remix) real nice one if you're not familiar with it...

Tupac - Hellrazor

Public Enemy - I Ain't Mad at All

Public Enemy - Rebel Without a Pause

Eric B & Rakim - Don't Sweat the Technique

Digable Planets - Dog It

Digable Planets - Blowing Down

Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight

Beats International - Dub Be Good To Me


at 8:30 AM

15 Comments

  1. Blogger Traveleer posted at 8:51 AM  
    welcome back girl :). Thank God somebody feels the same about the morning show. its a stupid show and the mixing of Arabic and English doesn't impress me at all. Radio shows should be either Arabic or English depending on your target audience.
  2. Blogger Jandeef posted at 10:44 AM  
    I missed this blog!

    Surprisingly, I've come to cope with Linda. The one I really really can't stand is her partner (Adeeb I think). So annoying and a smartass-wannabe

    I also can't stand the "chicken-nuggetness" of MixFM. Only thing that draws me to them is that their music is more modern than Linda's.
  3. Blogger don_veto posted at 12:06 PM  
    If you don't like Rihanna, then let me add Lady Gaga to your list. What a train wreck. I hope she disappears just like Milli Vanilli did.
  4. Anonymous Q80thug posted at 12:24 PM  
    hi, good post. and thanks for sharing some good old music

    i too sometimes feel disappointed with how music is being written in terms of lyrics. its like the dictionaries have ran out of words. i mean for example, i like shakira's new hit she-wolf; very good 70's beat but then u hear things like:

    "Starting to feel just a little abused
    Like a coffee machine in an office (aaa)"

    Wat ?

    also, i have black listed any artist in my ipod who used the words 'swagger' and 'hypnotic' :P
  5. Blogger Erzulie posted at 3:46 PM  
    traveleer: thanks :) i brushed away the whole Arabic and English mixage that goes on in 98.4; it doesn't annoy me as much as Rasha does and that Talal dude...

    jandeef: i think everyone learned to cope with Linda. think people are more sympathetic towards her than anything else. i never heard of this Adeeb dude; when is he on? and true, mix FM's music is better than 99.7's, but you're right, they do overdo the chicken nuggetness at times.

    don: i hope so too! i feel kind of mean but...it's true!

    q80thug: lol @ coffee machine :P i heard her new song, not all of it but i did recognize the catchy beat. next time it's playing on the radio i'll listen to the whole thing and remember what you just said. god, i mean...it's almost embarrassing...i am embarrassed for them!
  6. Blogger Ms. Sarah posted at 4:14 PM  
    Akheeran! Ma baghaitay (or ba maghaitay, as my little brother says)..
    Anyway, here's my point of view on the following:

    BBC: *huge grin*

    Linda: *sobs*

    MixFM: *thanks God Rasha has her own show and has left the Mix Morning crew.. hugs Sandi*

    Rihanna: *shrugs indifferently because I'm not a fan nor hater.. just.. not-carer*

    Stupid song lyrics: *nods vigorously*
  7. Anonymous q80thug posted at 5:35 PM  
    lol, and BTW.. downloaded all of the songs you added.

    excellent choice in music if i may say ^^

    especially dont sweat the technique. :D

    jazz + house/hip hop = win
  8. Blogger eshda3wa posted at 11:21 PM  
    i dont think lindas has listened to any songs past 1999...

    mix fm is the best out there so far.. it would be alot better if they fire that rasha chick!
  9. Anonymous dg posted at 8:59 PM  
    i can just imagine your facial expressions all worked up as ur talking abt this LOL priceless
  10. Blogger error posted at 8:28 PM  
    ok
  11. Blogger Unknown posted at 1:26 PM  
    If there's an argument to be made for someone to have a little more autotune in their life, it's probably her. You're right. Rihanna's voice is annoying, but in the words of Chris Rock, and I'm gonna paraphrase to fit this argument, "if the beat is right, you will dance all night" and Rihanna's beats, on the whole, are sorta all right. Of course that's what happens when Sean Carter is in your corner.

    And, you're condoning her getting beat up by Chris Brown cuz of the way she dresses? Meow.
  12. Blogger MBH posted at 12:59 PM  
    Hey you! Been a while.

    99.7: Either country music or rap when Linda isn't playing the music. It's like we live in gang-city!

    Tune to Mix FM between 7 AM & 8 AM. They play ONLY Fairouz music. A whole hour.

    You speak of sucky lyrics as if it's something new. Hello? Seems like you haven't heard most of the crap from Arabic songs...
    No voice, no lyrics, no music .. how the hell do they become singers, I have no idea...

    I guess we have the retarded generation(s) and people who buy their music to blame.

    Relax with some jazz.

    Over & out.
  13. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:22 PM  
    q80thug: like i said, enjoy :)

    eshda3wa: def right

    dg: :P~~

    error: yup...

    bodie: yeah i'm sure rihanna's the one behind all her beats...what-EV. she's just the face behind the rihanna industry. and no, it's not because i think she's a bad dresser, it's her voice. her profession is that of a singer, and she can't even sing! and i hate it how they call singers nowadays "artists"...fine, singing is considered as a fine art...but calling a singer an "artist" is like a clown calling himself an "entertainer"...too much general leeway to attain...legitimacy i guess...

    MBH: you're right, the same unfortunately applies to arabic and khaleeji singers. take mohammed abdo for instance. his old classics were to die for. today, his lyrics are very much looked down upon (they do stink a whole lot compared to his earlier work). oh well, cest la musique...
  14. Blogger Unknown posted at 5:14 AM  
    Tis Fee!

    OMG! you should have seen my reaction when i read "Id like to give a shout out to Fee" i swear...this is what i shouted out loud in this empty apartment of mine.."WHAT?! WHAT!? SERIOUSLY?!" lol! Oh Erzulie, how i love thee... ;**

    And yeah, Ray7ana 3ala goolat obuy ;p needs to fix that style and HAIR UP ASAP! She looks like a freakin chimpanzee... God forgive!

    And..

    ill be back soon! And when im back we need to catch up and TALK about ALOT of things...if ya know what i mean :P

    much love!
  15. Blogger Erzulie posted at 3:36 AM  
    fee: my fee! yeah, well, make up does wonders i tell ya. i always get a little comforted when i get forwards with subject lines such as "celebrities without makeup...omg" reality is refreshing ain't it? :)

Post a Comment

« Home