Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Halloween!


People who know me know how much I love Halloween. Actually, love probably isn't the best word to use here since I'm pretty much obsessed with it. Ever since I was young, my eldest sister and I would plan months ahead for my Halloween costume. Until today, my friends still ask me, "So, what are you going to be this year?" I tell a few of my friends but I keep others guessing so as to not give it away completely. My first major costume was when I was 12. I was "The Queen of Death." I was very much into classic movies and I loved corseted dresses that had a lot of volume due to the wires supporting them (think Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind). My dress was all black with black feathers at the hemline that was about a meter away from my feet. I wore a black blouse with feathers at the cuffs. I painted my face and hair white and found a perfect black and silver mask. It was magnificent. I remember people saying that all they had to do to know where I went was follow the trail of black feathers that were still around a year later, not in hallways but nestled amongst the leaves and such at farther locations and corners in my school. Needless to say, I am going all out this year as well. Last week, my mother asked me where I was heading. "The tailor!" I replied in a very cheerful tone. As usual, she rolled her eyes and smiled knowingly, "Halloween?" In the spirit of my costume, I did a little graceful dance.

I hope you enjoy my Halloween playlist. Happy Halloween everyone!

The Eagles - Witchy Woman
Fred Schneider - Monster (in my pants)
John Zacherle - Dinner with Drac
Creedence Clearwater Revival - I Put a Spell On You
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London
Bo Diddley - Bo Meets the Monster
Bobby Pickett & the Crypt-Kick - Monster Mash
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper
Carlos Santana - Black Magic Woman
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Nightmare on My Street
Ray Parker Junior - Ghostbusters
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child
And no Halloween is complete without this:
Michael Jackson - Thriller

at 8:30 AM

7 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:07 PM  
    Meh...


    i'd rather see such enthusiasm being put on local Halloweenish celebrations in Kuwait like gerge3an... :>

    again, Meh.


    p.s. oh cool! my word verification for this comment is 'hating'. lol!
  2. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:20 AM  
    q80thug: although i do love gergain, there's a strict age limit. BUT i have to say that i have made the best handmade and hand painted gergain treats for my nephews and nieces. my eldest niece's gergain "thing" took a TON of effort (i can't go into detail here; it'll require an entire post) but it was worth it because random people were calling my sister up, asking her if there were any leftovers of her daughter's girgein :)
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:26 PM  
    back in uni years i was walking in downtown and i saw this guy with nothing but a thong, painted himself red from top to bottom, pointy plastic ears on his head and red pitchfork in his hand. the strange part was that he had a red plastic tail. i can only think of one way how that thing was attached.....

    lol
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:35 PM  
    Tis Fee!

    I REMEMBER that amazing costume of yours! Feels like such a long time ago uh? :(
  5. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:17 AM  
    q80thug: anything goes in halloween!

    fee: my fee! well it's NOT that long ago! is it? NO :( i won't even try to count the years!
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:24 PM  
    how on earth did i not share this at the time !

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu1G2kfdy6A&feature=player_embedded

    i only remembered this gem after hearing John Zacherle
  7. Blogger Erzulie posted at 5:14 PM  
    q80thug: thanks for sharing! :)

Post a Comment

« Home