Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Review on Elevation Burger & Solo Pizza Napulitana

I love it when new restaurants open up. I go in there and put my food critic's hat on, have my meal and then start the judging process. Last week, my husband and I dined at two new restaurants: Elevation Burger and Solo Pizza Napulitana. We arrived at Elevation Burger at around 2 PM on a weekday. Surprisingly, the place was packed. We waited in line for about seven minutes before our orders were taken. My husband chose a cheeseburger and I went for the Elevation Burger (note: DO go for the Elevation Burger). In short, it's probably the best burger in Kuwait. It's small, juicy and the meat is ridiculously good. Most importantly, I walked out of there feeling light as a feather. So if you ever feel like a burger, I wouldn't go to anywhere else but Elevation Burger. Apart from the amazing taste, they're the only restaurant I know of that fries its French fries in olive oil and offers 100% organic, grass-fed, free range beef burgers. Talk about yum. Keep in mind that it isn't a place that requires you to dress to the nines; my sister popped in there with a friend of hers, dressed for, let's say Edo on Tuesday nights, and they stayed there for about five seconds before heading out, "There's just not enough ventilation!" she said. But I compared Elevation Burger to the burger joints that I went to in the US and none require you to don a $200 outfit. At the end of the day, it's a simple place that calls for comfy jeans and a neat little top.

The night before, we went to Solo Pizza Napulitana, a tiny little pizzeria in Sharq. Although the menu was minimal, it had the basics: very good pizza. I had the margherita and my husband ordered the pizza of the day which I think was a smoked cheese pizza with mushrooms (it was terrific). I hadn't eaten anything all day and I went to the gym, so I was pretty darn hungry. Everything was perfect except for one thing: there was no peperoncino or hot chili oil and God knows how I like those on my pizza. Other than that, all I can say is that my pizza was perfecto.

The cherry on top was the service. "Wait, even the waiters are Kuwaiti?" my mother asked me as if I had just told her that the people waiting on us were from Mars. It's really endearing to see those young men calling out orders, serving customers and checking if everybody was happy with the food and service. I had once worked as a salesperson and I know how difficult it is to manage the traffic of customers, see if everybody's needs are being taken care of and doings other things with a smile on your face. To the guys at Elevation Burger and SPN, I commend your humbling efforts and satisfying service.

MP3's...
John Mayer - I Don't Trust Myself in Loving You (I'm not a huge John Mayer fan but this song is just wonderful :)
Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
Ben Harper Ft. Vanessa Da Mata - Boa Sorte

at 8:30 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger AMR posted at 1:08 PM  
    Thanks for visiting us at Solo P.N. and posting your review, now we are offering peperoncino and chilli extra virgin olive oil. looking forward for your next visit.

    you could follow us on twitter: solopn
  2. Blogger AMR posted at 1:11 PM  
    Thanks for visiting us at Solo P.N and the review you posted, now we are offering peperoncino and chilli extra virgin olive oil, looking forward to your next visit. you can follow us on twitter: solopn
  3. Blogger Erzulie posted at 4:24 PM  
    AMR: That's what I call yummy news :) Thanks for letting me know!
  4. Anonymous swera posted at 11:16 AM  
    these 2 places are on my lists & hopefully will be visited by next week nshallah :D

    bel3afia 3alekom :)
  5. Blogger Erzulie posted at 11:28 AM  
    swera: allah i3afeech! they're both good :)

Post a Comment

« Home