Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Verbal Typos


Last semester in my communications class, we had an icebreaker session for the first week. We were arranged in a circle and were told to share one of our scariest experiences. I do not know why I chose this particular event but, well, I did. When it was my turn, I told the class about my horrific, jellyfish incident since I abhor any creature that squishes when you apply pressure on its frame.

I started to recount my seaside happening where I stepped on a huge, jellyfish lounging on the shore. Of course, I did not know that the darn thing was dead, and as usual, I freaked out and forcefully shuffled my soles on the prickly sand. I then further articulated, “And I mean, I felt the spongy testicles between my toes! It was horrible…horrible.” Some people looked at my curiously while others detected my error and smirked sheepishly in response. The professor grinned, obviously embarrassed for me. “Erzulie [Holy potatoes! I was about to put my real name here!] You mean tentacles…not testicles.” That memory still haunts me; my classmates still have that knowing, silly look on their face when I see them on campus. Talk about a recurrent cringe.

PS Kosheen - Hide You
PPS Dick Dale & His Deltones - Misirlou
PPS Salt 'n' Pepa - Push It

at 12:08 AM

21 Comments

  1. Blogger Unknown posted at 1:50 AM  
    holy crap!
    hot damn.. i wudve transfered :P jk

    in my classes they think its cute when i say a badliya.. :P
    usually its just me being tongue tied but it still sounds funny!
  2. Blogger Erzulie posted at 1:54 AM  
    Snookie: Heh, well I DO NOT know why but when I'm nervous I have a weird accent...I mean I can totally do the "All-American" twang but when I'm up there presenting, I sometimes have a psuedo-European lisp. Don't ask :P
  3. Blogger Stinni posted at 8:13 AM  
    My brother used to make that mistake ALL THE TIME! :)
  4. Blogger Erzulie posted at 8:15 AM  
    Stinni: Seriously...the two words are so alike! (but miles apart :P)
  5. Blogger Sami posted at 10:30 AM  
    I hate ice-breaking sessions
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 11:35 AM  
    Sami: Heh, well it depends on the professor; mine was annoyingly quirky.
  7. Blogger Sedna posted at 11:59 AM  
    Hmm was that your subconsious speaking up? :P
  8. Blogger Sedna posted at 12:03 PM  
    *subconscious
  9. Blogger Erzulie posted at 12:06 PM  
    Sedna: Lol! I KNEW someone was going to say something like that! I thought it would be Sami the Psych-to-be though :P Sorry Sam :P~~
  10. Blogger 3baid posted at 12:38 PM  
    I think I've done something similar a long time ago but I don't recall what I've said anymore. :P
  11. Blogger Erzulie posted at 12:53 PM  
    3baid: Remember! That doesn't count :P Sharing is caring...share your red-faced experience :P
  12. Blogger Mohammad Al-Yousifi posted at 1:14 PM  
    u shouldve told them about the new student u talked about ...om 18 :P
    thats funnier:)
  13. Blogger Fouad posted at 6:35 PM  
    priceless :)
  14. Blogger Erzulie posted at 12:08 AM  
    Kila Ma6goog: Wallah ee funnier bes i9ara7a it's kind of sad that people are that low.

    SheWrites: Okay, I was eating dried prunes and now a lot of the pieces are on my keyboard! Oh my God! Of all the things to say! But yeah I could've seen how nympho would be more accessible than pyro...no offense though...im just judging from my daily chats :P

    Fouad: :)

    7tenths: Lol! Both are adorable stories! And I'm sorry about your Grandpapa *pats back*
  15. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:35 AM  
    Echizera: Heh, yeah I can understand why you'd be the only one laughing in that situation. The opposite happens to me: whenever I'm in a densely hispanic location in the US (Miami, transiting at Dallas/Ft.Worth TX, etc) people talk to me in Spanish and when I tell'em 'No habla Espanol,' they get offended because I'm supposed to know my heritage. I'm from the other side of the globe!
  16. Blogger Temetwir posted at 3:57 PM  
    kam again lav?
  17. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:51 PM  
    Temetwir: What? You sound spaced out...rephrase...
  18. Blogger Temetwir posted at 11:51 PM  
    :/
    "come again?" in a british accent
    in regard to the slip of the tongue..
  19. Blogger Erzulie posted at 1:22 AM  
    Temetwir: Yeah I'm used to your British verbal tendencies :P I just didn't understand the point of the comment 'Kam again lav' in relation to the post! Ahh...
  20. Blogger Temetwir posted at 9:25 PM  
    erzulie u see this?
    this.. is a breakdown in communcation :/
  21. Blogger Erzulie posted at 6:57 AM  
    Temetwir: Heh...AND!

    DNA: Loooooool!

Post a Comment

« Home