Tuesday, November 28, 2006

NYC is...

…not prettier than Chicago. It’s true. I didn’t know if I was in Little Italy or Share3 El Zamalek, with the stench of trash and bustling vendors bombarding your senses. Yes, it does have culture and it is very diverse, so diverse that I did not meet one New Yorker. When my friends and I bumbled between two locations, we would ask whoever was around where so and so was. Replies to our geographically-lost questions were met with apologetic smiles and foreign accents. Needless to say, we relied on the plentiful cops who were strewn around the city.

I told someone that if you want to go to NYC, you have to know someone there to show you around and take you to the good places. Thankfully, a few of my friends were students in and around the area and I got around fine. However, other people I know wandered aimlessly in the streets. So, know someone who knows their shizz in NYC before you go.

But Chicago is so much prettier! It’s cleaner, more refined and elegant, the people are beautiful, the city itself is beautiful, and it’s so much more romantic than NYC! NYC is fun and bumping for sure, but Chicago? It’s my kinda town. From what I have seen or rather, eaten, NYC’s competitive streak is in its food. I had some good eats over there. And even though Times Square was swarming with filth, being there was overwhelming, flashing screens and all.

If you have a temper, I would not suggest NYC as a relaxing destination. I lost it when I was trying to hail a cab for 45 MINUTES STRAIGHT. I had four heavy shopping bags on me and at the same time was trying to call on a darn taxi to take me back. What really frustrated me was that a lot of the cabs did not have anyone in there! By the tail of the segment, I was literally bouncing from the sidewalk to the middle of the street, yelling “Ayal hais! Ogaf agoolik! Ma3indik a7ad!” and that was met with a Seinfeld-esque “he’s a very bad man” finger shake. When I finally snagged a cab, I started to laugh and tear up, mostly because I was on my feet since ten in the morning and by the time I collapsed on the grimy seat, it was almost seven in the numbing evening.

Finally, congrats to the Reds and kudos to the lovely bloggers I met. I love you? Yes I do!


MP3's...


Sikk - My Washing Machine (Original Mix)
Dimitri from Paris - Sacre Francais (Bob Sinclair Mix)
Bob Sinclair Ft. Steve Edwards - World Hold On (Axwell Remix)

at 10:59 AM

13 Comments

  1. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 12:56 PM  
    You think hailing a cab is bad .. trying driving in NY!

    Anyway .. I already commented on the other stuff. Congrats on the red win.
  2. Blogger Angelo posted at 1:09 PM  
    NYC? Reds?
    That means you did go to the "thing"! Maaan, and I thought I know you better in assuming you are not interested in these kinds of things. It seems you are a tough book to read and I misjudged you...I guess I'm still early to analyze people psychologically based on their posts *sigh*
  3. Blogger MSB posted at 1:14 PM  
    chicago.. love and miss that place!!! and if u know ur way around, plenty of GREAT food places there! mmmmm....
  4. Blogger Erzulie posted at 7:57 PM  
    K: :))

    fallen: Ugh, yeah it IS too early! Btw, you can NEVER analyze people based on their blog. You may be able to get a few tidbits, but overall, everyone's true being is a hidden identity. With that said, I'm the Devil :)

    msb: Mmmmain!
  5. Blogger Jelly Belly posted at 5:45 AM  
    I never been to Chicago so I can't really compare...but New York has a special place in my heart.

    one of the highlights of the trip is meeting bloggers and it was a pleasure meeting you hun...even though it was only for 5 minutes ;P

    I'm not that tall ha? :P
    mashallah you're tall...3ashan chethee you don't really see it LOL
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 6:58 AM  
    Daydreamer: Yeah go! The weather's been pleasant these days :)

    Jelly: Haha, maybe :P I'm 5'9 and with my heels I'm 5'11 (2 inches is my limit). I think it helps though, being tall and all. Apart from feeling like a giant in the mo2tamar, I felt a bit intimidating, which is a good thing in that situation ;P~ Don't talk to the Erz! :P
  7. Blogger Temetwir posted at 1:38 PM  
    ham ana afathel il khwaisaat 3ala il zour
  8. Blogger Men Who Do Cleavages posted at 7:40 PM  
    Chicago may be great but it still ain't no S.F
    Phulease, give me S.F. any day!
    Cheerio
  9. Blogger Dr.Lost posted at 11:49 PM  
    i didnt like NYC.. not my kinda city..
  10. Blogger Dr.Lost posted at 11:49 PM  
    oh and ney york cab drivers are all b$%^&#*&!!
  11. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:36 AM  
    teme: Haha :P

    escada: Uh, yeah :P~ Chi-town all the friggin' way ;)

    la mala: That's a strange comparison...Don't know if I can agree with Chi=Abu Dhabi!!

    drlost: We're on the same team then :)
  12. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 10:31 AM  
    La Mala Education:

    I think the comparison is more along the lines of acetone and perrier. New York is like Hawalli/Jabriya; while Chicago is like Kuwait City (after 6pm, when the traffic gets lower, but not near the dishdasha shops).
  13. Blogger Men Who Do Cleavages posted at 5:41 PM  
    Come again,ktk :
    " The comparison is more along the lines of acetone and perrier."Hopefully, sans the benzene I hope.
    But surely, you meant for New York and Chicago to represent perrier in this equation and Abu Dhabi/Dubai the acetone?!

Post a Comment

« Home