Monday, June 25, 2007

Miami Boob

Setting: Phone conversation with a friend in Florida.

Erzulie: So did your friend move?

Friend: Yeah, she’s living in Miami Dade now.

Erzulie: *giggles*

Friend: What?

Erzulie: Nothing *giggles*

Friend: Erzulie! You’re still laughing at that!

Erzulie: Come on! It’s funny! Miami Dade! Couldn’t they have picked another name!

Friend: They don’t know what it means!

Erzulie: Well I do! *laughs* I’d be embarrassed to say it in public if I live there, it’s like, “Hi, I’m Erzulie, and I live in the land of the single boob” *snickers*

Friend: No one thinks like that. It’s just the name of the place.

Erzulie: …and what if the person is an idiot. Linguistically speaking, an idiot can also be called a “boob.” So you’d be a boob living in a boob.

Friend: You’re nuts.

Erzulie: Yes that was very sixth grade of me. But I still think it’s funny ( :P~)


MP3's...
BenjaminBates - Whole (Steve Angello's Oversized Dub)
Ferry Corsten - Fire (Radio Edit)
Deep Dish - Cocaine
Kylie Minogue - Slow (Chemical Brothers Mix)
Coca & Villa - La Noche

at 1:14 AM

14 Comments

  1. Blogger Jelly Belly posted at 3:42 AM  
    hahahaha Florida has also a city with an interesting name (a cuss word in Arabic) ;P
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:39 AM  
    lool i wud laugh at that too i can be so immature sometimes!

    and what's the other city's name ?:P
  3. Blogger Traveleer posted at 8:33 AM  
    we used to drive to Miami all the time and we had to comment on that word everytime we passed the road sign. The girls used to giggle and get red faced like you Erzu.

    Jelly bellly I dont think you meant Kis.... did you now
  4. Blogger Jelly Belly posted at 1:21 PM  
    traveleer: LOL yup ;P
  5. Blogger Jacqui posted at 5:05 PM  
    Heyyyyy I was born in Miami Dade :( Why you be so mean!
  6. Blogger 2 Second Club ® posted at 11:06 AM  
    Why are you guys shy to say the name.. IT'S THE NAMES OF CITIES!!!

    Anyone that went to Disney world will know that it is in Lake Buena Vista.. and where is that?? yes.. it's in Kissimmee.. I didn't say anything wrong here.. :)

    oh another city also in Orlando is called Narcoossee.. I'm sure it will make lots of people giggle..


    Jellyo,

    شنو هالحيا الّي نزل عليج فجأة؟؟

    lol
  7. Blogger Erzulie posted at 11:33 AM  
    jelly: Oh I never heard of it.

    enigma: Seriously! :P~

    traveleer: NO CUSSING ON MY BLOG! So, what's this...inzain chan kamalt'ha/ named the city itself instead of putting only the "K" word!

    jelly: I just Googled it and showed it to be Lebanese co-workers because they say it exactly the same way it's written.

    jacqui: There's no going back now jacqui, everyone knows that you were born in a tropical boob :P~ *chuckles*

    don: I had to say Narcosee a few times to get it, "Narcozee? Narcozee? Nar-cos...Ohhhhh..."
  8. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:16 AM  
    This reminds me of a town in Canada I once stumbled upon.

    Dildo
    . You can click on the link to check that I'm not making this up :)
  9. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:13 AM  
    khaos: *laughs* My co-worker and I had a laugh at this, "First you tell me about Kissimmee and then this! Layki layki, what if someone from Dildo got married to someone from the Kissimmee. Imagine the headlines they'll make here!" :P
  10. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:38 AM  
    That would make quite an Intercourse . LOL :)
  11. Blogger Erzulie posted at 2:50 PM  
    Khaos: *laughs* Read the information that's on the wikipedia website you linked last about Intercourse, PA; it's next to two towns, Blue Ball and Paradise. The irony! :P~~~~
  12. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:00 PM  
    hehehe... that's funny, I never noticed it before :)
  13. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 10:59 PM  
    Did you send me slow or did I send it to you? Either way .. its stuck in my head again.
  14. Blogger Erzulie posted at 3:43 PM  
    khaos: :P

    K: I remember we both had it but then I sent you the better version (you even said it!) I think you had some other version...hmm...I have to check my iTunes library when I get back home...

Post a Comment

« Home