Thursday, January 19, 2006

Chips & Chunks

- My flight back was all right. I sat next to a German pilot on my way to Frankfurt. On my second flight, I crossed my fingers hoping to sit somewhere sans screeching babies. As luck should have it, my seat was right next to a young, English mother with her four month old baby. Now, I love babies and children but I don’t go nuts every time I see a kid in a stroller. But his baby…Caitlin, that’s her name. She is the most beautiful kid I have ever seen. I cannot believe I’m writing a post about her but she is the most squishable little thing ever. She looks like those fat babies on Pampers’ packages. And she kept on laughing and giggling the whole time. If her mom wasn’t there I probably would’ve snuck her in my tote.

- First day of classes went by smoothly. I have a collection of professors:
1- The elderly, student-savvy prof who cracks the funniest jokes.
2- The elderly, bland prof who was avoided by both joined sections; the
poor thing…I want to tell him, “No, we’re laughing at you!”
3- The 30-something, wild-haired professional who managed to
squeeze into teaching our class.
4- The soon-to-be PhD graduate teach who sympathizes with students’
packed schedule.
5- The Eastern European who has girls falling over themselves with his
cheesy accent.
6- The overly ecstatic professor who actually referred to us as “guinea
pigs”…it’s her first time teaching the class. Fabulous.

- MBH tagged me a while ago but I didn't have time to "show off" my desktop picture i.e. my literal wake up call. He he :P

PS Ben Harper - Walk Away

at 6:51 AM

14 Comments

  1. Blogger 3baid posted at 8:39 AM  
    "the most squishable"

    LOL! Aww :P
  2. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:03 AM  
    3baid: No seriously you should've seen this kid...I think our kids i.e. untamed Kuwaiti brats should take a lesson or two from Caitlin...she charmed the whole row and squeeled whenever someone passed by...come to think of it, she should pose for ads...
  3. Blogger Jandeef posted at 9:26 AM  
    Given my bad experiences with kids, I'm a proponent of stuffing them in a bag and flying them in cargo instead of in the main cabin.

    You get one beautiful, most squishable one, and a thousand little devils who keep kicking your chair from behind, bumping your elbow running up and down the aisle, or mouth-wide-open crying for no rational reason.
  4. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:47 AM  
    Jandeef:
    1. "little devils who keep kicking your chair from behind." Solution: Lower your head and glare at them threateningly through that little slit that separates your chair from the one next to you. Works like magic.
    2. " bumping your elbow running up and down the aisle." Solution: Your foot.
    3. "mouth-wide-open crying." Solution: Again, many babies stop crying when a stranger talks, looks (i.e. stares) at them. On the other hand, you can get yourself earplugs and a handful of sleeping pills and call it a night :)
    P.S. : I wonder how we behaved as toddlers... :)
  5. Blogger MiYaFuSHi posted at 1:57 PM  
    Aww cloooney, FABULOUS!
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 8:36 PM  
    Miyafushi: :D

    7tenths: I like babies but some turn into living alarm clocks on the plane. But I feel sorry for them because their ears must hurt like crap because of the pressure. Ah, and always inserting "Friends" ! I love it too :)
  7. Blogger Jan6a posted at 7:51 AM  
    I'm jinxed, everytime I travel there has to be a kid 1 seat away from me! Every single friggin time. My sisters gets interesting stuff in her food (glass, plastic, buttons, etc.) and I get the baby dilemma on flights.
    I secretly think umy sa7ra and thus we are cursed :p
  8. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:26 AM  
    7tenths: You have the sweetest comments *virtual cheek-pinch* One time, I sat next to a balding, middle-aged man from Finland. To my surprise, I slumbered in my stiff chair during most of the flight. When I woke up, I found out that the father of two covered me with two blankets :)

    Emikweesta: Ah, that made me laugh! Sorry I have a bit of a mean streak :P Well, if you look over your shoulder during an exam and he catches you, say,"No I was looking the other way!" Ahh I'm gonna get some crap for saying this but oh well!

    Jan6a: What does your mom have to do with it! Hehe...and what's this about your sisters having stuff in their food? Ick. I'm good with babies more than kids; I hate it when they kick my chair. I either give them the look of death or push my chair against their annoying kicks.
  9. Blogger Sedna posted at 8:49 PM  
    Caitlin.. I loved that name when I was a kid :P She used to star in all my short stories!!!

    I thought I was the only one who got plastic and such in my meals...ugh
  10. Blogger Erzulie posted at 3:35 AM  
    Sedna: Plastic again? Really? Hmm...what airline?
  11. Blogger Sedna posted at 10:45 PM  
    Lol Kuwait Airways, embarrassing eh? La oo not once but TWICE...
  12. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:46 PM  
    7tenths: :)
  13. Blogger Sedna posted at 10:50 PM  
    Beat you by a minute :)

    So how are all those profs?
  14. Blogger Erzulie posted at 1:22 AM  
    Sedna: Kuwait Airways. Figures. My profs are all right. I have a lot of reading though...good reading, but a huge amount...

Post a Comment

« Home