Sunday, December 25, 2005

Days Go By...

- I had an awful Friday afternoon. I absentmindedly plugged my beloved iPod into our house's computer, hoping to share my goodies with my brother. My eight hundred something songs were all wiped out; I browsed through my song list only to find the Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps" and one Sinatra song. I called my brother, bawling and sobbing, "Eughhhhehehughh, my…my…they're gooooone." He thought I was being raped from the amount of tears and gasps between my words. When he knew the real reason, he breathed and chuckled, "Erzulie, you have them saved in the U.S. Just wait one month and you'll get them back." That made me cry even more, "One month!? What am I going to listen to in the mamsha!? Auuughhh…" I downloaded Limewire, snagged a couple songs, and ended up slowing down our already sloth-like computer.

- Friday evening was not that bad though. I joined my father on our traditional trip to Souq el Mubarekya. We had tea at an old friend's place and then we went to the main souq. I bought my mom's hated Arabic gum; she abhors it because I chew and crack that thing around the house. I love walking around and picking at different foods; I actually like "yigi6" but I tried "6een 7aawa" for the first time and I ended up spitting it out because it tasted like, well, mud. I grabbed four colorful "chmq" for me and my friends in the states. I must say that I feel a little bit out of place when I go there; tall in jeans, sneakers, and a cotton sweater while everyone is sporting "dishdasha"'s and "abaya." But it felt good and familiar, just the way I remembered it when I was younger except for the renovations that is, which have somewhat detracted from the "cheenko" style of the main shops.

at 4:02 AM

13 Comments

  1. Blogger Extinct Dodo posted at 6:23 AM  
    i lurve yigi6... sucking on that stuff and that weird sour after-taste.. yum yum yum yum
  2. Blogger Erzulie posted at 8:46 AM  
    Extinct: Weird sour after taste! Lol :P Again, my mom hates that stuff and she constantly berates me for eating it,"Hatha i7i6oona ib reelhom oo edoson 3alaih." Madry laish :P

    7tenths: I hate the Black Eyed Peas. Sorry but they just don't do it for me. I just got the "My Humps" song because it was one of the two songs on the damned list. Gorillaz "Feel Good" is always on the radio so...I have one Benny Benassi song on there...well, it's Goldfrapp's "Strict Machine" ft. BBenassi. But thanks for the recommendations :P and *gasp* you haven't been to Souq il Mbarkya! La la la, it's a must-see. I love it :) Go and see it before they renovate the inner parts...
  3. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 10:44 AM  
    What songs/genre are you into? I could burn a dvd and hide it somewhere in Kuwait, like a treasure hunt!
  4. Blogger Erzulie posted at 11:55 AM  
    KtheKuwaiti: And the prize to the most out-of-the-blue comment goes to you! :P Hmm...well I'll just answer your question for the sake of answering it :P I'm into everything except hard rock and country (English songs). As for Arabic songs, I like the classics more than the crap that's played today. Ble3. Treasure hunt? I'm starting to think that you meant to comment on someone else's post! :P But you're welcome anytime :) Tc...
  5. Blogger Misguided posted at 4:44 PM  
    Dear Erzulie,

    There is a workaround...DON"T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ONTO YOUR iPOD YET...


    GO TO THIS LINK you can recover your lost files
  6. Blogger Misguided posted at 4:50 PM  
    Dear Erzulie,

    Your bro's computer DID NOT ERASE the TRACKS they are just invisible... because you are using a different computer.


    DO NOT COPY ANYTHING NEW UNTO THE IPOD...

    OMG this is so painful to watch... I wish I could just scream through the computer screen and get you to hear me out..

    OK here is another article that may help you do what you need to do..

    There are other programs like iPod agent that can help you get back your files

    go to this link


    I have done all I possibly can with my limited access... God help us all!

    Misguided
  7. Blogger Mohammad Al-Yousifi posted at 5:21 PM  
    hmm.i know alot of u will hate me for this, but really i cant get u ppl adicted to ipod?!

    personally am addicted to radio, whatever on it is fine with me

    i think u should try to listen to 103.7
    88.8
    sawa
    92.5
    also AM 540
    am 1341

    ur in kuwait now so try to melt in, ull go back enshalla next month to states and ur 800 songs:)

    another thing i cant understand is the word verification!..take it off gal
  8. Blogger Delicately Realistic posted at 6:10 PM  
    Weeeee mat shofeen shar about the iPod :( I can imagine how you feel! It already happened to my brother so he has warned me about it before. But it is such an inconvience! Anyway, I love Mbarkiya too! Lol my sis and eat y6i6 too hehehe. Oh and 6een khawa is good to use as a facial mask. Mix it with rosewater and tell me what happens :)
  9. Blogger Erzulie posted at 8:16 PM  
    Misguided: Okay, I am literally hot right now. This computer is so slow it took me 5 damned minutes to get to this comments section. Thanks for the link but I think I'll save it for another friend with bad luck.

    Misguided's 2nd comment (hehe): Okay. I will get my brother to see it because he has more patience than me. I am about to smash the damned blinking mouse on the wobbly table.

    Kila Ma6goog: Lol gal :P Wallah I just got my iPod. I just knew it has a video thingi in it. Umm, I was more of a CD person, burning them and sending them to friends. I've been listening to 89.7 (sa7? ee ee) a lot and it's cool :P

    DR: Haaaa...yeah my sis got into a phase where she mixed rose water and oats and honey and put it aka lathered that mush on her face. I tried it and it actually works! The texture isn't as lovely though.
  10. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 8:14 AM  
    To clarify on my post.

    I will make a couple DVDs (filled with mp3s) and hide it somewhere in Kuwait; then give out a list of clues.*

    *I am at work and bored of drawing diagrams. These spontaneous bursts of creativity are probably the only then keeping me going at this point, and coffee.
  11. Blogger Erzulie posted at 1:53 PM  
    Homer: I love "Moonriver."

    KtheKuwaiti: Hahaha :P That sounds like a good idea...a blogger treasure hunt...
  12. Blogger Erzulie posted at 1:36 PM  
    7tenths: I'll be the game's coordinator. Of course, holding my handy whip *evil smile*
  13. Blogger Erzulie posted at 12:32 PM  
    DNA: Rat poison! Hmm...well I still have a grudge on a professor or two... :P

Post a Comment

« Home