Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Untouched Since Four Months Ago

I saw them a week ago but I hesitated. “Should I get them? No, I’ll just wait it out.”

But I didn’t forget them. I went to Marina Mall after a late day at work. My mother called me at 9:30 while I was parking my car “Where are you!”

“I’m in Marina. I’m going to buy a little something.” I answered. “Well, get home soon, you know how crazy traffic is in Salmiya.”

I hopped out of my car, skipped up the escalator and rushed by the blur of people. “There it is!”

Once in the store, my eyes searched for them. “They were on display…” I frowned. “Excuse me,” I asked one of the workers, “Do you know where the black…” Before I finished my sentence, I spotted them hidden under a row of clothes. I took off my flats and slid into them. “How lovely!” I pranced over to the full-length mirror and modeled the adorable ballerina flats. “All right I’m going to get them.” The worker looked at me apathetically before turning away.

“9:45…it’s getting late.” A young man standing before me must have sensed my impatience, “You can go ahead in front of me…”

“Okay you can’t peek! Hold on, let me try them on…” I arrived home to find my sister feeding her son a bowl of crushed apples. I hid behind one of the couches in an attempt to surprise my sister with my new ballerina shoes.

“Okay!” My feet bounced into sight. I walked around and assumed a ballerina’s character by daintily – or so I thought - pointing my feet onto the ground.

My sister had the same expression as the indifferent worker in Pull & Bear. She looked me over before turning to my mother in the kitchen, “Yoma ta3alay shofay il 3aba6.”

“Why! They’re nice! I like them!”

My mother sauntered in with her plate of organic greens, “Hmm, they’re O.K. They look small on your feet. Do they hurt?”

“No,” I lied, “They’re comfortable.”

“Return them. You look retarded. They actually look like what I wore in gym class in middle school…”

“Yes I remember your scruffy gym shoes, but I think they were white no? And made of cloth?” My mother added.



MP3's...

UNKLE Ft. Ian Astubury - Burn My Shadow

Duran Duran - A View to Kill




Drench your skin with lovers rosy stain…

at 9:18 AM

15 Comments

  1. Blogger Shwaish posted at 11:51 AM  
    hehe mako appreciation for a nice speciman of footware, i dnt know how they look like but as long as theyre shoes and they induce the dainty pointing ur toes, showing off ur new shoes thing then enjoyyyy, my mom laughs at my shoe-induced 3aba6 too
  2. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 1:46 PM  
    I have been a similar situation with red driving shoes .. come to think of it, I have no idea where they are.
  3. Blogger Ms. Sarah posted at 10:32 PM  
    aham shay ina u got what YOU want, malich shughul feehum :p
  4. Blogger Trevelyana posted at 6:44 AM  
    Haah! just bought ones from Pull n Bear a while ago, I wonder if tehy're the same ones.. they'r ekinda scruched up and the front. Anyway, you can't help who you fall in love with ;)
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:06 PM  
    oh god... what is this... THE PRINCESS DIARIES III "the return of blondy"... hahahahah... anyways... no worries u will delete this post too...
    VIVA Kuwait and the freedom of speach
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 8:46 PM  
    princess: Well, I still think they're pretty cool (I just wish I got them in a bigger size than my normal one). I don't have a shoe fetish a la Carrie Bradshaw but these were too cute to boot, pun not intended.

    k: Those sound funky actually :) Red driving shoes...what's the difference between that and normal shoes anyway? Grip power?

    swair: Heh true, but I don't think it was a practical buy in terms of comfort which is the main thing on my list when I get anything i.e. clothing, footwear, etc.

    trev: To be honest, I got these before I grabbed another pair from Pull & Bear. The first ones (main character of this post) were plain black with a shiny, leatherlike (God I forgot the term!) smooth texture. The latter ballerina shoes have handmade, thick black lace and a Mary Jane like strap at the front. Now those are the comfy ones I wear to work :) The only downside with such shoes is that they make your feet stink after a long day (or a short one)

    ogoum: For some reason I actually don't have anything to say to this comment...I'm not mad just kind of, well, indifferent? Have a nice life either way.
  7. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:14 AM  
    oh...well what do u know... things do happen.... u didnt delete the post...

    thats one hell of an article for indifferent, by the way... 208 words... though mostly about nothin really... but hay who is counting?

    And dont worry about deleting a few posts, i am more than certain that u have been doing so... cuz it kinda shocks me as i surfed through ur blog that non of the comments r ever negative...

    hmmm... how come?
    kinda reminds me of the arab DEMOCRATIC ELECTIONS... hahahah 99%... go figure... ah well shit happens... or as u r so fixed on calling it the number two.... oooooooo!
  8. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:20 AM  
    la Carrie Bradshaw...y r u soooooooooo fixated on sounding well red man... take a chill pill and relax.
    besides plz have pitty on an ignorant human being(by comaprison only...) how do u do this tansition
    ... like what happened btw the first and the second paragraph ..line of thought anyone????
  9. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:16 AM  
    A-hole said: "have pitty on an ignorant human being(by comaprison only...)"

    Actually... no. Not by compariosn... you're just plain ignorant.

    BTW, it's hey, not "hay". Hay is what your likes eat.

    As Erzulie said, have a nice life (after you get one that is).

    Erzulie: I was surprised that you actually responded to this vermin's comment. Don't heed the likes of him, he's just not worth it.
  10. Blogger Erzulie posted at 12:46 PM  
    ogoun: 'Morning. So...you don't really make sense. Anyway, take care.

    stfu: Hey :) Well, why not respond? 'Guess he's just as bored as I am and plus, his comments were kind of pointless anyway...No harm done, seems a bit kooky though...strange person *chuckles*

    Life is too short to get caught up on this sort of poop. Take care :)
  11. Blogger Joud posted at 7:24 PM  
    yeah i hate it when i'm all excited about smthg and then a friend or family member (whose opinion matters to me) completely disses it
  12. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:06 PM  
    joud: I actually like shopping alone; I walk fast, get what I want and then walk out, satisfied and without having to drag someone around with me for a second opinion esp. if what I want is something minor or a simple essential. However, I think that I might lean on my sisters' opinions more often now to avoid the "3aba6" accusations :P~
  13. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 12:59 PM  
    Driving shoes have a thinner sole .. makes it easier to control the pedals.
  14. Blogger error posted at 4:12 PM  
    you are a talented writer!!

    why dont you write something useful for a change?

    you can write whatever you want and you don’t need permission from anyone i.e. government!!

    I genuinely think you're a talented writer

    Unfortunately I don’t think we're in a society that can appreciate such talent therefore it would be difficult for a writer like you to capitalize on her talent as a result it makes you seek different professions probably away from your talent

    anyways

    just a thought
  15. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:42 PM  
    K: Well that makes sense...kinda...guess I'll have to try 'em and see...

    error: You know that actually means a lot error, thanks :) especially when it comes from a guy who made my mom raise her eyebrows at your previous comments on past posts (yes you!) i.e. "Mino hatha error? He seems bothersome, hmm..." :P~ And I actually really enjoy writing but I have to do a bit of reading and expand my limited vocabulary before I really do decide to invest in it. Plus, I'm multi-talented (can I sound more pretentious? No, not really...*chuckles*) and I'm trying to make time for that other thing although I've been quite the lazy bum. Let's just say it has to do with the arts; however, coming home from work at 7 PM (if not later) doesn't really help much in terms of actual physical strength to pick up a paintbrush. I actually considered blending the two - art and writing - but thank you error, VERY much appreciated :))

Post a Comment

« Home