Friday, February 17, 2006

Chips & Chunks

- I’m enrolled in a “Career Building” class and one day, our professor told us to exchange our resumes with the person sitting beside us. I gladly gave the young woman seated by me my paper. My jaw dropped when I saw how many internships she managed to shove in her bag. I started feeling light-headed, thinking about the summers I spent in school, cramming as much classes as I can take so I could graduate a semester early when I could’ve been out there, gaining real-life experience in my field. Ah well, coulda woulda shoulda…

- There’s this Greek restaurant I’ve been eyeing ever since I moved to my new place. It’s really close to my apartment but I’ve never seen anyone inside during the day. However, at night –and in the wee hours of the morning- I can clearly hear drunken laughter and yelling, not to mention a few cuss words here and there. Still curious, I sampled their menu the other day – a typical order of one gyro and soggy fries. After two bites, I figured out that their inebriated customers are only there for the restaurant’s 4 a.m. closing time and not their armpit tasting gyros. Yekh.

- Living alone leads to talking to oneself more often than normal. Living in a place where no one understands Arabic gives one a leeway to verbally explore the intricate world of cussing in Arabic, most likely while driving. I just have one question for people who have experience in Arabic cuss words and possess the knowledge to track down the roots of foul phrases and words. Here’s my question: Why is it “Kalb bin sita3ash”? Why is it specifically “sita3ash”? Why not “Khamseen?” I mean the higher the number, the more ancestors you insult, no? I’m serious. What’s the significance of 16? I do not mean to offend anyone but I am very curious about the numerical significance. Hell, I even asked my mom but she didn’t know either!


PS Timo Maas - Big Chevy
PPS Tosca - Damentag
PPPS Jackson & his computer band - Utopia
PPPPS 7tenths, this one's for you :P The Wiz Trailer

at 11:15 PM

8 Comments

  1. Blogger 3baid posted at 7:34 AM  
    You can always take a job after you graduate to build up on your experience, it's really nothing to be worried about.

    Um.. I don't suppose I could ask you what armpit tastes like? @_@;

    I don't know why 16 specifically, but since men can have 4 wives and each has about 4 children.. you're one of their 16 dogs? I dunno :/
  2. Blogger 3baid posted at 7:35 AM  
    7tenths, stop obsessing over first comments :P
  3. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:10 AM  
    7tenths: Hehehe :P

    3baid: Yeah I'm actually thinking about an internship for my final semester, we'll see. And armpit...well basically, the gyro stunk! And I don't know why it's 16 too! Hmm...

    7tenths #2: Yay! My links are on the mamsha :)

    7tenths #3: You're crazy...in a good way though :)
  4. Blogger Delicately Realistic posted at 5:32 PM  
    Hahahaa! Eeee wallaaah, laish 16?
    O tara I always download your music and sample them everywhere!!
    Keep them coming!
    I gotta thank you for My Sharona! I never knew the name or who sang it! I do now thanx to you!
  5. Blogger Temetwir posted at 11:06 PM  
    sounds like u found urself a money laundring business with the greek restaurant
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 1:08 AM  
    7tenths: Haha :P

    DR: Heh, anytime :) But yeah, I mean I really want to know why "16." There has to be a significance...

    Temetwir: Heh, true...
  7. Blogger Unknown posted at 3:29 PM  
    I enjoyed living alone... I made sure to sarround myself with fun ppl.
  8. Blogger Erzulie posted at 9:20 PM  
    Homer: People notice my "ya3nies." I go,"It's like I'm saying 'like'."

    Mosan: Good for you...

Post a Comment

« Home