Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sandy Negroes

“Have you ever wondered what sand tastes like?” she asked her younger cousin.
The sun burnt boy looked at her and replied, “No. What if it’s dirty?”
The gawky ten-year old stood up and pompously stated, “I don’t think so. In religion class, we learned that people use it to cleanse themselves before prayer.”
He looked up at the seemingly knowledgeable girl, squinting his eyes against the lazily lingering afternoon sun.
The two silently left the moist, beachside area and scampered toward the scorching, dry sand that sent little children bouncing in frightful delight to the cool water.
They were sprawled on the ground, their bellies absorbing the spicy soil. She scooped the warm earth in her palms before giving the sand a quick lick.
“What does it taste like?” he asked wondrously.
She was fixated on the loud crunch of the tiny grains’ echo, “Try it.”
He quietly followed the procedure. The young girl grinned freely when he answered himself, “It tastes like salt.”




PS's...
Juliet - Avalon [Remix] - 'Lo0ve this song
Telepopmusik - P.Zdar Dub Remix Full
Band of Horses - The First Song

at 7:01 AM

9 Comments

  1. Blogger The Krispy Dixie posted at 9:47 AM  
    I like the story... its simple and kinda makes u feel nostalgic, but also has a point to it.. very nice ideedy :D

    by the by, I love lOvE LOVE the pictures on the top banner! :D
  2. Blogger The Krispy Dixie posted at 9:48 AM  
    oh and SHOTGUN!!!!:D
  3. Blogger Erzulie posted at 7:33 PM  
    Krispy: Thanks :) I was an authoritative kid for a while...Oh and I can't take credit for my template, which is created by Misguided. The only thing I can claim is the banner's left picture: I saw it on Gettyimages and email Misguided "I want this one!" I just felt it was very me :) Reminded me a lot of the chalet...
  4. Blogger Temetwir posted at 9:06 PM  
    sand tends to taste better when theres some of that volleyball-ball spice and a hint of blood in the back of ur mouth
  5. Blogger Erzulie posted at 2:02 AM  
    Temi: Volleyball-ball? Hint of blood? Don't bloody my childhood memories! :P Yeah, but I know that taste...kind of gets you going, in a weird way...
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 11:55 PM  
    Homer: :P Well, at least in that age, we attempted to know what it DID taste like!
  7. Blogger Erzulie posted at 5:16 AM  
    Zinzin: Thanks :))
  8. Blogger Laila K posted at 5:42 AM  
    just stumbled upon your blog..nicely written..simple and captivating.
  9. Blogger Erzulie posted at 6:41 AM  
    Laila: Merci :)

Post a Comment

« Home