Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sounds


You hear many sounds and echoes that evoke sundry feelings. Here are a few of mine.

Motorcycles:
There is just something about their roar that makes me tingle with excitement. Whenever I hear a faint murmur of an approaching engine, I instinctively direct my gaze at the daring rider as his/her motor lets out a low growl or a penetrating screech. After the dust settles, I smile, pleasured by the brief encounter with the mysterious rider.

Heels: I live in trainers, sneakers, kicks, and other sporty footwear that squish and clomp rather than click and tease. However, I spruce things up when I have a class presentation. I look forward to strutting down on the bare, cold ground. I hear the pebbles spark and snap under the pressure of my heels. I enjoy my temporary, ladylike bounce before I head back home and slip into my cotton sweats and call it a day well spent in my clickety-clack heels.

Her Voice: Apart from incessant telemarketers, she is the only one who calls my landline. When I ask her why she calls my apartment instead of my cell phone, she replies, “You know how I feel about mobiles. They’re bad for the ears, and you kids always have that thing glued to your head.” I do not think I smile as broadly as I do when I hear her voice, my mother, on the other end of the line.


PS's...
Mint Royale - Shake Me
King Biscuit Time - I Walk the Earth
Mr. Scruff - Blackpool Roll

at 12:53 PM

11 Comments

  1. Blogger DiiGMaa posted at 1:36 PM  
    Motorcycles: or any sound of a revved engine gives me an adrenalin hi !

    Heels: most seductive and feminine item a woman can ever wear :P

    Her Voice: awwww cute.. Same here ;)
  2. Blogger ScarlO posted at 1:49 PM  
    Motorcycles are annoying.

    Heels get on my nerves. Except when I'm wearing one, which is when they turn into some sort of soft lovely music. But it still worries me that others might get annoyed with the sound of my heels' clicks.

    Her voice: no comment
  3. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 1:58 PM  
    Motorcycles? Has the Harley meetup passed by your town yet? It will either be pure bliss or torture (latter for me).
  4. Blogger Sedna posted at 3:39 PM  
    Boats, jet-skis, motorcycles...DEF. adrenalin rush

    I have to agree with Scarlie about the heels.

    Allah y6awel b-3omrha :)
  5. Blogger Entrepreneur posted at 7:51 PM  
    You're listening to Mr Scruff? Cool. Ive seen him live, together with Herbaliser, DJ Shadow, James Lavelle, Quannum... all im missing is Thievery Corp, Morcheeba and Massive Attack.

    Good taste, I like.
  6. Blogger Temetwir posted at 10:44 PM  
    "hi, my name is sex.. if i had a sound, this would most definitely be it".
  7. Blogger Erzulie posted at 12:34 AM  
    diigmaa: *high five* :P

    Scarlo: Ahh la motorcycles and engines, my now-not-so-discreet weak point :P And yeah, I agree about the heels if they're not yours. But I love it when I'm walking down the hallway alone, and all I can hear is their clicking :) Heh, and laish no comment! :P

    KtheKuwaiti: It's kinda ironic that you mentioned Harleys :)

    Sedna: Motors=check, heels=check (see reply to scarlo), mamy=double check :))

    Entre: Rub it in harder! Heh, I'm sure it was amazing. Where'd you see them? Farina is coming in early May and I'm psyched.

    Temi: Offffaaaaaainnnnnn!

    Laialy: Heh, ditto :P
  8. Blogger f_ posted at 2:35 AM  
    I rode a motorcycle once; god was I a pompous bastard on that thing. It does things to your ego, especially when intrigued looks and faint smiles follow you as zoom by.

    I believe heels are just a way for ladies to say "I'm taller than you are now, and I'm annoying the **** outta you with my walk-sounds, and you're loving it, nevertheless, you son of a..."

    Ah, mothers. They baby us way into our 30's. No one else, I swear.
  9. Blogger Erzulie posted at 8:03 PM  
    Fedo: Haha, faint smiles :) I like to be a passenger on a bike. I'd rather just sit around and enjoy it rather than turn and manuveur the damn thing. Good one on the heels :P And yup, no matter how old we are, we're still kids in their eyes :)

    7tenths: Haha, la not phone bill; the "ish3a3" from the cell phone. Heels are funny? And sometimes my mom's quirky sms's make me chuckle...while I'm going down the staircase at school. Heh, I love the old book smell of our library back home; laundry detergent reminds me of my waiting chore; on the contrary, I adore men's perfume; cigs strangely and unfortunately remind me of my father and brother, mixed with men's perfume.
  10. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:18 PM  
    Daydreamer: Heh, 7ayach :) I have a lot of heels but I always seem to stick with my safe 1/2 dozen pile of gym shoes :P
  11. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:19 PM  
    Daydreamer: Heh, 7ayach :) I have a lot of heels but I always seem to stick with my safe 1/2 dozen pile of gym shoes :P

Post a Comment

« Home