Sunday, July 30, 2006

Kreepy Kids

I do not know why so many horror flicks have children as the main villain. You have Regan in “The Exorcist,” the TV girl in “The Ring,” Carrie in “Carrie,” and Damian in “The Omen.”

Being the typical nut, I always manage to involuntarily scare myself when I am tucked in my bed. Although I eventually end up on my tummy, I start my sleep laying flat on my back, holding the covers up to my chin with my right leg stretched straight and the other bent at the knee. I imagine Regan’s frizzy head bobbing at the edge of my bed, near my right foot. I imagine her suddenly pouncing on me with an “Arghhh!” with her evil, mucus-filled smile.

I sometimes give myself a fright when I imagine The Ring’s TV girl appearing behind the corner and walking towards me ever so slowly before I keel over and die (I am looking around as I am typing this). Or I might catch her standing behind my door, waiting for my reaction.

Last week I freaked out a bit because I remembered the hideous, mannish Antichrist in “The Passion of Christ.” Remember that little thing? The Devil was holding him and he had this ghastly grin. After I had that scene in my head, I imagined the little baby crawling swiftly on the ground before it jumped on my butt and bit it.


I found this clip of "The Exorcist" 's famous spider walk. It is not the one with blood pouring out of Regan's mouth but another one; I believe she has a snake's tongue in this one. Those with weak hearts should not watch this and of course, if you are underage, stay away. This was pulled straight out of the book and again, not incorporated in the final cut, which had the bloody mouth scene.


at 9:21 PM

10 Comments

  1. Blogger Jandeef posted at 10:16 PM  
    يا حبج حق التخرع
    !
  2. Blogger Temetwir posted at 11:18 PM  
    you stopped playing with barbies when you saw Child's Play (chucky) didnt you?

    didnt you?
  3. Blogger 3baid posted at 11:25 PM  
    "I sometimes give myself a fright"

    Shullah7addich 3ad? :P
  4. Blogger Delicately Realistic posted at 11:25 PM  
    Wow that walk!

    I hate chuckie! Hffff maleeeeeeq ykhari3.
  5. Blogger K.thekuwaiti posted at 1:47 AM  
    Your older posts are better .. :P
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 2:06 AM  
    Jandeef: Lol! You triggered it with your lasted post and I could not stop! :P

    Temi: My Barbies didn't have anything to do with Chucky the little shit. I actually was afraid of my dolls; they kept winking at me at night :/

    OJ: Lol sorry! Hey I warned yah about the clip! Kinda freaky...I think it's more scary than the bloody mouth bit...Sleep tight :P

    3baid: Because I cannot stop my thoughts!

    DR: Yeah I know. We used to call the segment "...lama itsawi il 'obah' oo tamshee 3alal daray..." Chucky kharab 3alay...

    1509: Yuck! Sounds like a shitty trip...

    K: Hahaaaaaay :P Ditto ;P~~~~~
  7. Blogger Angelo posted at 6:29 AM  
    That is why no matter what, we always find the pleasure of watching those movies. I think "The Exorcist" tops all the movies you mentioned; I honestly admit that I had an aftermath fright after watching it.

    Here is a technique to avoid the aftermath fright: HBO on Demand. It works perfectly; an episode or two of "Sex & The City" or "Entourage" will sure remove all the scare scenes in your head
  8. Blogger don_veto posted at 9:00 AM  
    Movies with scary kids freak me out also. I don't mind discusting movies with body parts flying all over like SAW, but kids with evil in them gives me bad dreams.
  9. Blogger Kleio posted at 1:30 AM  
    One night I was alone in my apartment in DC and it was about 2am and I was wide awake and wanted to watch a movie on Pay-Per-View. "Blair Witch Project" was showing and I hadn't seen it yet and everyone who'd gone to see it said it wasn't scary. So I ordered it and started watching it. After the first scary tent scene I turned on all the lights in my apartment. By the end of the movie I was so terrified, I didn't know what to do with myself. It was 4am and I was all alone in my apartment. Not scary, my a$$! Maybe it's not scary when you're watching it in a crowded cinema, but believe me, alone, it's scary as hell! The only thing I could do was call my sister in Kuwait (since there was a seven hour time difference and she'd be awake!), and kept her on the phone with me until I nearly fell asleep.

    Another scary one is the first "Friday the 13th" with Jason. It's really the very final scene that is scariest - because you've let your guard down thinking the movie is over, and then - YUMMAAAAAA!!!

    Time for bed. "One, two, Freddy's coming for you..." Great, no sleep for me tonight.
  10. Blogger Erzulie posted at 5:05 AM  
    fallen: I was 13 when I watched the Exorcist. I watched it with my friend at her house because my mom forbade us to watch it i.e. I watched it behind her back :P Well, after that night, I couldn't sleep. My older brother fell asleep in the living room on the sofa and I ended up dragging my matress next to him on the floor and that's when I finally fell asleep.
    What a night...sheesh...
    "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!"

    Don: You know, I think it's linking two things that you never expect. For example, you don't expect kids to be evil but once they are, well, that sure is scarier than a possessed 50-sth year old.

    daydreamer: You know what they say, once you live alone for the first time, you hear thumping for 34 nights in a row.... ;P~~~~
    MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Hehehe, good luck :P~~~ Hee hee hee!!!!

    Kleio: That last line gave me the shivers! I didn't see Blair Witch. Actually, my dad, sister, and brother were in the living room watching it and I was too much of a chicken to sit down with them. So I ended up passing by every now and then...I couldn't see the whole thing, esp. with them cuz I know that they will def. pull some sort of gimmick on me!

Post a Comment

« Home