Thursday, June 22, 2006

Arnoob Screws Me Over

I was sitting with my younger brother, who was three at the time, in the back seat as my father drove toward the airport with my mother beside him. My brother – let’s call him Pipsqueak for now – was getting cranky so I decided to draw a face on my index finger, make my voice high and squeaky, and introduce Arnoob, Pipsqueak’s new playmate en route to Kuwait’s airport.

Pipsqueak was ecstatic with Arnoob. He chatted and laughed with him until we arrived to the parking lot, where I attempted to rub off Arnoob’s minimal face off my finger, “Khalas, Arnoob is gone.” As soon as I said that, Pipsqueak turned to my mother and cried, “Erzulie took Arnoob! I WANT ARNOOOB!”

Of course, my mother turned to me, “Erzulie! Where is Arnoob! Pipsqueak was so happy and quiet with him!”
So I drew Arnoob’s damned face again and assumed my mousy tone – which attracted much attention regardless of how much I lowered my voice - to please the now giggling Pipsqueak.

PS Pipsqueak is turning nine in a few months. Whenever I talk to him on the phone, I am continually surprised by his ever-changing vocabulary. The last time we spoke, I asked him about school and if he was having fun. His response? “Ee 7ada wanasa.”



PS's...
Pet Shop Boys - Flamboyant (Michael Mayer Kompakt Mix)
Pet Shop Boys Ft. Elton John - In Private (Stuart Crichton Club Mix)
Pet Shop Boys - Fugitive (Richard X Extended Mix)
Sean Lennon - Photosynthesis
Depeche Mode - Dangerous (Sensual Mix)

at 10:57 AM

16 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:57 AM  
    LOL..that is so damn cute :)

    I used to mimick cartoon voices to entertain my younger brother & tell him stories to keep him entertained.

    He's now a huge monster of 23 and denies to his wife that he has 'done any of that baby stuff'.
  2. Blogger 3baid posted at 11:58 AM  
    My brother's turning 9. Last time he saw me he said, "tigdar itwadeeni il mamsha? Kil rub3i ihnak." :/
  3. Blogger Hazolat posted at 9:21 PM  
    Erzulie,

    I did the same with my two younger siblings! They were mad about Arnoobi. Does pipsqeak remember Arnoob tho?

    Last time I checked with my siblings and asked them "Do you remember Arnoob" they all laughed and said "Yeah!".

    Aaah the joy of being older! You always seem to have credability no matter what you say :-P

    Lovely story.
  4. Blogger Angelo posted at 10:46 PM  
    I love pipsque...errr..I mean your little brother's stories. The bonds between a brother and a sister always fascinate me (maybe because I don't have a sister of my own).

    Keep them coming ;)
  5. Blogger Erzulie posted at 11:58 PM  
    Mini R: Lol @ huge monster...well, my lil' brother is not old enough to be taunted by my impromptu broadway bits :P

    3baid: Lol! I hope you didn't take him! My brother is into the Scientific Center...sometimes, I have more fun than him in the toys section :P

    7tenths: Well, maybe because I have a stuffed toy (although he has a very special place in my heart) I named Arnoob. He's still on my bed right now :P

    Hazolat: I don't think Pipsqueak remembers Arnoob. You had an Arnoob too? I did not know that :P

    Fallen: Remembering keeps me going :))
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:52 AM  
    cute!I love to hear kids laugh.
  7. Blogger Dr.Lost posted at 12:52 AM  
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool so cute :)
  8. Blogger MSB posted at 12:56 AM  
    would this be the same "ur skirt's too short" brother?? =)

    Allah Ekhaleekom 7ag ba3th!!
  9. Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous posted at 10:51 AM  
    Awwww your brother sounds adorable (mashalla) :) I want one! Okay, okay, so I already have one but he's only younger by a year and some change. "Ee 7ada wanasa". A 9-year-old saying that? Cuuute! (mashalla) I love it when kids say things that are older than their age. Thanks for sharing that memory with us, Erzulie! Ta!
  10. Blogger The Krispy Dixie posted at 7:04 PM  
    he's nine!??!?! and he needs that kind of entertainment?? :P

    still, cute story! :D
  11. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:00 PM  
    OJ: Ditto :)

    Dr.Lost: :))

    MSB: Thanks :) And yes, that's him!

    D&G: He is growing up really fast though...*sigh*

    Krispy: Lol no! He was three during the story...today he's almost nine...so this happened about 6 years ago :)

    Daydreamer: Ahh I doubt he does :)
  12. Blogger Dr.Lost posted at 11:46 PM  
    erzulieeeeeeeeeee did u read my last post? e7em e7em.. !!!
  13. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:44 AM  
    DrLost: You better change your name to just "Doctor" 'cuz you ain't lost no more! Alf, ALF mabrook :)))
  14. Blogger Dr.Lost posted at 3:54 AM  
    hehe allah iybarik feech babe, thanx :) next time comment on my post!! ;p ill always be lost hon, its just me im like that, always confused and lost.. plus i love the show lost, so its many things all at once.. :)
  15. Blogger Erzulie posted at 6:28 AM  
    DrLost: Ahh "Lost," that makes more sense :) And I did comment on your blog...and on mine too! So that's 2 times of congrats and you know what? Congrats again :)
  16. Blogger Dr.Lost posted at 6:39 PM  
    awwwwwwwww how sweet :) thanx hon.. i meant i had a new post too (few days old now actually.. :)

Post a Comment

« Home