Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Concert Snippets

Last weekend, I went to a Pearl Jam & Tom Petty concert followed by a fabulous clincher, Common.

Because we got our tickets a bit late, my friend and I sat way up in the lawn area, which is just a level away from the grassy section. Pearl Jam was the surprising opening act. They played “Gone” along with other known hits like “Better Man” which was amazing. When Tom Petty came on, the crowd – about 23,000 people – went wild. Of course, he played “Free Fallin’” (MP3) and “Last Dance with Mary Jane” (MP3). Unlike Bob Dylan who now sounds like a duck on crack, Petty’s voice did not change at all.

When the sun went down, everybody had their lighters up in the air, singing along and dancing whilst standing on their seats. When we first came in, the smell of fried onions and beer was in the air. Half way through the concert, ganja ruled. It was very in-your-face. The 70’s would’ve been proud.

Eddie Vedder: Lead singer of Pearl Jam

Everybody was standing on their seat when Tom Petty started. I loved it but I had a little problem: There was a drunken high school bimbo in front of me. She continuously tapped her unresponsive date, giggled, stuck her butt out and shook it awkwardly before he looked the other way. She was absolutely out of control. She swayed backwards towards me, and most of the times, she lost her balance, causing me, my friend and a few others to topple over. I wanted to pay attention to the concert and music and not worry about this ditzy, inebriated juvenile who kept keeling over. The last time she fell on me, I kneed her in the back, “Oh be careful sweetie!” I said. She changed seats and spent the rest of the concert with her head between her legs.


We skipped out of the concert to catch Common. I went a little crazy when he played “The Light” (MP3). The DJ was amazing; he spun old school hip-hop beats and it was the best. I wished my brother was there to catch Pearl Jam with me :)


PS's...
Pearl Jam - You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
Pearl Jam - Gimme Some Truth
Pearl Jam - Soldier of Love
Pearl Jam - I Believe in Miracles
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
Pearl Jam - Crazy Mary
Pearl Jam - Rockin' in the Free World
Pearl Jam - Masters of War
Pearl Jam - Don't Be Shy
Pearl Jam - Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns
Pearl Jam - 25 Minutes to Go
Pearl Jam - Baba O'Riley
Pearl Jam - Betterman/Save it for Later
Common - Heat

at 12:20 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Temetwir posted at 3:43 AM  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  2. Blogger Sedna posted at 5:28 PM  
    "not worry about this ditzy, inebriated juvenile who kept keeling over. The last time she fell on me, I kneed her in the back, “Oh be careful sweetie!” I said. She changed seats and spent the rest of the concert with her head between her legs."

    LOL

    Glad you had a great time :)
  3. Blogger Jewaira posted at 8:42 PM  
    Lol.. as I read about the "inebriated juvenile" I found myself thinking she deserves a kick in the ass; what a surprise that you actually did that! Well.. in her back.
  4. Blogger Erzulie posted at 8:47 PM  
    Teme: Ha Temetwir! Ha! Whaddya say! :P

    7tenths: Ya rait :))

    Sedna: I sure did! Wallah il 3atheem...You should've seen this girl, or rather, kid. And also, nobody gets in between me and my musique. I sometimes shush my friends in the car so I can hear "that part I like" so of course I'm going to shove peopel around :P~~

    Jewaira: Well, it was between a kick and a knee-shove. But she got the picture. And I continued to sing along to the songs :D
  5. Blogger f_ posted at 4:35 PM  
    Ah, yes, Common; one of the leaders of the alternative hip hop movement, rhyme and intellect.

    In addition to "The Light" and "Heat," I recommend:
    1. Common - "I Used to Love H.E.R."
    2. Kanye West Feat. Common & Talib Kweli - "Get Em High"
    3. Common - "Testify"
    4. Erykah Badu Feat. Common - "Love of My Life"
    5. Talib Kweli Feat. Common & Anthony Hamilton - "Ghetto Show"
    6. Floetry Feat. Common - "Supastar"
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 3:00 AM  
    Fedo: Have them all on my iPod :P

Post a Comment

« Home