Saturday, July 01, 2006

From the Heart

*Click on image to enlarge

Top Row - Left to Right:

- Zaydoun:Your blog exudes confidence. And I stuck an Ipod on you because you always have the music bit :)
- The Men of Sa7at El Safat: Jandeef (with your WD-40 and college get-up), Mobtad2 (with your "Nowair" and music), BoSalem, and Rasheed El Kha6ar.
- Q: I saw you once and all I remember are your dimples!
-Ayya
-iDip: I put that weed-looking thing in your mouth, the one that is in your display picture. Whenever I see your name, I think of Freak Nasty's song "When I dip you dip we dip You put your hand upon my hip..."

Bottom Row - Left to Right:

- Shurouq: Someone guided me to your picture that is displayed on one of the blogs. The first thing I said when I saw it was "Sh7alat'ha!" Seriously! And the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" suits you well because I would have never thought that a dainty young woman like you would be so ballsy! I love and admire that in you so much, that you were out there both mentally and physically.
- Bo Maryoum: I read but I am too intimidated to comment :P
- Kuwaiti Demon: Hilarious pieces. Just the right amount of sarcasm.
- Zort
- Kila Ma6goog: 7a6aitlik plaster 3ala 9a3roortik :P
- Mad M: I will always be amused at your talents. And I am curious about your serious pieces that I am sure are around here somewhere :P
*Note: Apart from Shurouq & Zaydoun, all drawn bloggers' features came out of my head and from my imagination.



I have never been interested in politics. When I think of it, I remember my parents and older siblings talking about so and so and I never batted an eye, although I do remember a few notable people that always arose in the conversation.

I just want to say that I have never seen such loyalty, commitment, pride, effort, and love directed to one’s country and its wellbeing.

After reading your blogs that combined seriousness and light comedies, I have learned so, so much. I just want to thank you for your hard work. Much, much appreciation, admiration, and mostly, respect.

To other bloggers that put in the effort, I do apologize for not placing you in the drawing. But do not think that your sweat and dedication is not appreciated and treasured not only by me, but by all.

I was in class when I received a text message from my sister that Al-Naibari did not win. I excused myself and headed to the restroom. I am thankful that nobody was there because I was tearing up. He is one of the names that I remember, the one who was always present in my parents’ conversations. I was crying because I know that my heart is not the only one that has been broken. I knew that my dear brother was out and about during this chaotic time, helping and promoting awareness, just like all of you did. Then I thought that this is just the beginning. The end will be in our hands.

Dear bloggers, you have made history.




PS's...
Bob Dylan - This Land is Your Land
The Clash - Rock the Casbah
Tracy Chapman - Talkin' Bout a Revolution
Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome

at 11:29 AM

27 Comments

  1. Blogger Jandeef posted at 2:47 PM  
    Lol!

    You sure you've only seen 2? Coze some look damn close! Especially Rasheed and Mobi!
  2. Blogger Purgatory posted at 3:10 PM  
    chanel bag, interesting
  3. Blogger مبتدئ posted at 4:47 PM  
    Erzulie ..
    Wonderful

    I look so happy and gay!

    Im loving this community feeling.. yala group hug (only the ones in the pic ;p)

    Thanks for this lovely post.
  4. Blogger Shurouq posted at 4:52 PM  
    Hehehe you flatter me!

    Yalla Erzulie..
    Finish school, come back home, and join our orange frenzy.. I'm saving you a "nabeeha khamsa" t-shirt.

    Now let me go get my crayons :D

    (Purgatory, I can get you one)
  5. Blogger Mad M2000 مــادم الكويت posted at 5:34 PM  
    Good stuff

    You have good skills and you did capture the essence of each bogger.

    Including myself

    But that beard does make me look like a 2nd grade terrorist ;)
  6. Blogger مبتدئ posted at 5:43 PM  
    BTW, Im loving the songs.. thanks ..
    ya zeenhom wala oo aghani il inspiration .. mo "if wjodik ya bunaser, ma 3ala likwait gasir"

    7athara
  7. Blogger 7tenths posted at 8:05 PM  
    Looks like we've got ourselves another Hitler! .. Wait, did I just insult you? :P
  8. Blogger iDip posted at 8:21 PM  
    nice :)

    your post & drawing made my day!

    -as for the thingy in my mouth, you can call it "weed".
    Q thought that it's a "miswach"... are you reading this Q ;p

    -the drawn bloggers are the fuel that makes me blog.

    -My dedication to you (Link)

    Thanks Dear :)
  9. Blogger Jandeef posted at 10:35 PM  
    With what appears to be light beards on most of us, it looks like we just found jesus after a spring camp with jam3iyat ele9laa7.

    Especially the mustache-less, light bearded Q. Ekhwanchi 9ghayyer :D
  10. Blogger q80_demon posted at 12:20 AM  
    Erzulie: Very nice, its going on my wall. But ... are you sure you did it just from your imagination? The fella in the picture does resemble me but at a younger age :-o

    iDip: did somebody say MISWACH???!
  11. Blogger Erzulie posted at 3:05 AM  
    Jandeef: I saw Shuruq and Zaydoun's photographs...the others are yet to come :)) And I don't know what came over me with the whole "bearded" look! Maybe I just miss my hairy Kuwaiti men as opposed to the hairless guys here. And I remember Q had a five o-clock shadow when I met him...and of course the dimples :P

    Purg: It looks a bit ripped off in the pic. You can tell my knowledge about pricy as hell handbags :P

    Mobtad2: Anytime, and thank you :) Oh and about the songs, well, I wanted to find something in Arabic but I decided on these lana I didn't want to grab an Arabic tune for the hell of it! Well, I hope these work :))

    Shuruq: Yay t-shirt for me! And a leftover bag maybe? Yes? No? :P

    Mad M: Lol... Well, you're an obvious but not so obvious blogger...so I guess that's why there's a subtle mischeviousness to you! :P

    7tenths: Personally, I consider that a compliment ;P~ Blending art and control, what else do you need?

    iDip: Again, thank you. Yeah, I always thought it was a weed thingi. And I loved the song! Strange because I'm a bit on the hippy side and I still surprise my friends with letters and colorful envelopes amongst their bland mail :P

    Q80 Demon: Wallah! 3ad you came out looking pretty handsome Demon *nudges Demon* :P I messed up your footwear but oh well! :))
  12. Blogger AyyA posted at 8:09 AM  
    That could be me after seeing the results LOL
    Thanks sweetie, and a cyber hug to all bolg-o-sphere community and a big kiss to you :*
  13. Blogger Zaydoun posted at 2:37 PM  
    I get the iPod, but the flower in my ear? Was I a hippy in a former life? Maybe I was!

    Thanks for the great post
  14. Blogger BintBuNaz posted at 5:41 PM  
    Bo Maryoum is Meshari Al-Anjari???

    :D

    You're awesome, Erzu :*

    N.
  15. Blogger Baroque posted at 7:01 PM  
    lo0l amazing!
    i'm so0o jealous! :P
    how about the people that are so wonderful and make you laugh whenever your read their blogs? they add that smile to your face? ;p

    people like me ;p

    okay okay i nagged alot.. but i'm so0 jealous ;p
  16. Blogger NuNu™ posted at 7:45 PM  
    AMAZING!!! Mashallah!
  17. Blogger jambino posted at 11:37 PM  
    Hey! What about me? :(

    Kidding! :)

    Great post!
  18. Blogger Erzulie posted at 5:41 AM  
    *hugs ayya back* And I didn't mean for that to be a grimace! :P I was aiming for a stately smile, and that I am sure you have :))

    Zaydoun: And thank you for ALL your efforts. Really...

    Bintbunaz: Haha :P They're the awesome ones...I just wanted to express it in my own way :)

    Baroque: Lol :P Well, I probably don't make people laugh but I do aim for a mere smile :)) Thanks...

    Nunu: Ahh it's just a quirky sketch...but thanks :)

    Jambino: Actually, I did think about you but I'm saving you for another one...one that only you would get ;P I don't think you'll mind though...But I'm still thinking about the facial features...I'm aiming for a subtle, brooding look :P~
  19. Blogger Q posted at 9:31 AM  
    lol! Excellent drawing! U got some scary similarities, great skills!

    BoMaryoom looks more like Baghdady here than 3anjiry ;P

    Also, i love the gay atmosphere between sa7at alsafat, especially bosalem's hand in rasheed's hair, and mobtadi's flower :)

    My fav post of the week :P
  20. Blogger Papillona ® posted at 6:08 PM  
    Wow!
    No really, WOW!


    (Q's comment mawatni min il the7ik)
  21. Blogger Ms.Baker posted at 9:16 PM  
    Your drawing is wonderful Erzulie, mashallah 3laych you are really talented :)

    MsB
  22. Blogger Erzulie posted at 12:20 AM  
    Q: LOL! Wallah entay eli ma ga9artaw :))

    Papi: Heh, thanks...it's all for the guys & gals :)

    MsBaker: Thank you :)
  23. Blogger Hanan posted at 11:40 PM  
    Lovely. This is a beautifully drawn and fun to stare at sketch at the same time. You're talented with a great sense of humor. Keep them coming :)
  24. Blogger Erzulie posted at 5:22 AM  
    Hanan: Thanks :)
  25. Blogger ZORT posted at 8:07 PM  
    That was beautiful Erzulie :-) Very warm :-)

    Wanasa it feels like we're a community :-) Thanks ;-)

    P.S. I know I'm lagging..Been distantly blogging for a while now LoL
  26. Blogger Erzulie posted at 8:25 PM  
    ZORT: Glad you liked it :) & thank you for all your effort (and creativity!)
  27. Blogger earnest posted at 10:12 AM  
    » International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
    14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
    physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
    Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
    Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


    For useful content on breast cancer information, breast cancer rate statistics and breast cancer survival rates: check
    the url is http://breast-cancer1.com

Post a Comment

« Home