Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Movie Review: An Education


Okay, I lied. This is more of a soundtrack review, mostly because it is way better than the entire movie from start to finish. Here's a snippet about the actual movie from IMDB:

"A coming-of-age story about a teenage girl in 1960's suburban London, and how her life changes with the arrival of a playboy nearly twice her age."

The key element of the previous is this: 1960's. Now, the movie itself wasn't so bad, but I definitely wouldn't see it again which is a bad sign in my movie book because if I think a movie's good, I wouldn't mind reliving it again.

But the soundtrack's terrific. Below are MP3's of my favorite tracks:

Beth Rowley - You've Got Me Wrapped Around Your Little Finger
Beth Rowley - Sunday Kind of Love

Mel Torme - Comin' Home Baby love this...
Ray Charles - Tell the Truth
Juliette Greco - Sur Les Quais Du Vieux Paris
Juliette Greco - Sous le ciel de Paris
Madeleine Peyroux - J'Ai Deux Amours
Percy Faith & His Orchestra - Theme From "A Summer Place"
Vince Guaraldi Trio - Since I Fell For You (jazz instrumental)
Melody Gardot - Your Heart is as Black as Night
Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's


at 8:30 AM

6 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:24 PM  
    Melody Gardot is one of my favorite singers in the whole wide world. I just can't get enough of her. Amazing. She's the ultimate in growly, sultry, cool librarian chic jazzy torch singing.

    Haven't seen the movie yet although it's downloaded and on my to-see list this National day holiday (please God please let me stay foam free this year unlike the last when that smart alec little vandal decided that my cars moonroof opened a crack for ventilation was enough of an an invitation to stick the nozzle in and foam the inside as well as my poor eyes)

    Merci le ilak 3la the lovely downloads :**
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:08 PM  
    thnx for the great selection.

    to be honest i liked etta jame's sunday kind of love

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNLspDL3ns

    IMO Beth singing is not bluesy and sad enough
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:27 PM  
    Tis Fee!

    I loved the movie Erzulie, for some weird reason, i felt like it reflected some parts of my current life.

    Anyways, i miss you dearly and i cant wait to see your beautiful self! ;*
  4. Blogger Erzulie posted at 11:16 AM  
    ms. baker: it's too bad that (some) people dread national and liberation day :/ and you're right about the vandals, they sure is a lot of them. and the music, well, again, that's what makes my day everyday :)

    q80thug: you can never go wrong with the first batch who sung it :>

    fee: my feeness! haha, i know what you mean about the reason, it's a valid one and not weird at all! kudos to my fee :*** and i can't wait to see the gorgeous fee as well :)
  5. Blogger Unknown posted at 4:29 PM  
    Nick Hornby penned the screenplay, which is the reason I wanna see this, but I'm discouraged. So, Prodigy, should I?
  6. Blogger Erzulie posted at 10:32 AM  
    bodie: nope :>

Post a Comment

« Home